But, before I get to that, we went out to shoot arrows the other day and it was actually pretty fun! Besides the fact that I can't pull back by myself, I'm surprisingly not too bad ;)
![]() |
| I wish I could say these were mine, but they were most definitely Jordon's =) |
Alright, now to our little vacation. We've been talking about spending a weekend in Park City for a while now, and finally decided to do it for this anniversary. Jordon always puts trips together so well, and he did such a great job this weekend! He makes sure things always fall into place. We had so much fun.
On the way up, we stopped at Loco Lizard, which is a Mexican restaurant. Great food, but not so great service. I absolutely {LOVE} Park City, but the people there are a little too "Hoity Toity" for me. We stayed at the Sundial Lodge, which had an awesome view. Honestly though, I don't think any place in Park City would have a bad view. I love this city. It is so beautiful. And our hotel room included a massive King bed, and it was probably the most comfortable night's sleep I have ever had. I wanted to just take the bed home with us...
The next morning, we had a couple hours to kill after we reserved our bike rentals. We found a cute little Brazilian restaurant called The Bridge, and stopped for breakfast. If you're ever looking for some good breakfast in Park City, I would {highly} recommend this place. It was so good, and the service was awesome, too.
![]() |
| If we had the money {and the right vehicles}, we would totally consider moving here. We love this place. |
Afterward, we picked up our bikes and were off to the lift! I was pretty nervous from the very beginning because I am seriously in terrible shape. Jordon is so athletic, and I'm always just like, "I'll just sit here and eat ice cream...." Sure enough, mountain biking was {TOUGH}. It's probably been about 10 years since I've ridden a bike. I struggled hard core. Someone needs to go take all the dang rocks off of those trails, because they are vicious!
![]() |
| Here's a wimpy little battle wound on my arm - not sure what caused this one. I didn't even know it was there until Jordon pointed it out to me. |
On a happier note, here's Jordon frolicking through a field of weeds....
![]() |
| One of the reasons why I love him so much is because he makes me laugh every day =) |
We had a little bit of extra time to kill, so we rode around the neighborhood near the resort. These houses are so unique. I love looking at them. Side note: When we got home, I looked up some houses for sale in that area....holy poop! There are houses the same square footage as ours for 4 times the price. No, thank you! I knew they'd be a lot, but I was shocked at how much they really cost.
Once our rental time was up, we were {BEAT}. Well, at least I was. Seriously guys, my butt hurts like crazy. My whole body is just a heap of jelly. I am so sore. Nothing a little retail therapy can't temporarily fix! We went shopping at the Tanger Outlets, which is never anything short of a good time. They always have the craziest sales, and I usually go a little nuts. We both got such good deals on some new outfits =)
For the last portion of our getaway, we went to the Homestead Crater in Midway for a little swim. I'll be honest with you, this really is something that you do just to say that you did it. It's cool swimming in a giant natural hot tub in a cave, but there's only so much you can do in there. It did, however, feel {SO} good to relax after a long day of biking.
We were only gone for one night, but it felt like we were gone for a couple because we did so much. It sucked to head back home though because we were having such a good time being away from real life for a little bit. We made one last stop at El Rocoto, a Peruvian restaurant in Bountiful that we have grown to really like. Nothing like some good Lomo Saltado and a $7 2-liter bottle of Inca Kola! Yes, $7. It's pretty good stuff though, so I would definitely recommend it.
We had such a good late anniversary weekend! It was so good to get out and spend some quality time with my man and try something new. I'm so glad I married him and get to spend the rest of Eternity with him! Here's to many more adventures with the one I love! ❤

























No comments:
Post a Comment