Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday to Us!

Happy 3rd Birthday to our marriage!

3 years ago today, Jordon and I made this crazy decision to get married. [Best. Decision. Ever.] My life has never been the same, and I wouldn't ever ask for my old life back. Being married to Jordon has been such a huge blessing in my life. He has taught me so much; he truly is my better half.

Our marriage certainly hasn't been roses and butterflies. People usually portray their lives and marriages as perfect bliss ALL THE TIME [don't let that fool you]. I am a firm believer in disagreements and compromises. How on Earth can you grow with your partner if you are not challenging each other every now and then? If married life were easy, there would be no progression! I am proud to say that our lives together have not been easy. There have been disagreements, fights, and a lot of button-pushing. But I can EASILY say that I love Jordon even more than I did the day we got married. That's because I know him better, and we have shared so many awesome memories together.


The best part about us is that we both have something very different, but very important to contribute. Jordon is EXCELLENT when it comes to finances. He manages our money so well, and is really the reason why we've been able to do so many fun things together, yet still live comfortably.

I, on the other hand, bring interpersonal skills into the relationship. Being able to have effective communication is extremely important in any relationship, and we are getting better and better as the years go by.


And of course, there's a lot of laughter and goofing off. We both have our dorky sides and we LOVE to tease each other. The thing I love most about Jordon is that he is able to be himself around me, and he makes me comfortable enough to be myself. I never feel like I have to hold back when I'm around him. I love a good sense of humor, and Jordon doesn't fail to make me laugh every day. His personality is exactly what I need in a partner. He's the best friend and husband I could have ever been given. No matter what challenges we've been given, we've definitely had more good times than bad.

I feel like this picture describes our relationship pretty well, haha. I don't know how he puts up with me.
 
Together, we have customized our marriage to fit our needs, and I love that it's uniquely ours =)
 
---Here's some advice for those who are soon to be married, those who are newly weds, those who are oldly weds, and those who think marriage should be perfect......Fight with your spouse every now and then! Speak your mind. If you don't agree with something, say so! If you or your partner snap, good! Sometimes that's the best way to get your deepest feelings out [and no, I do not mean lash out and be mean and condescending; I mean be emotional....raise your voice...cry...say how you feel]. Hiding your feelings is an excellent way to distance yourself from the ones you love the most. Occasional disagreements certainly aren't fun [I absolutely hate them], but they are healthy, AS LONG AS you can come to an agreeable resolution and both individuals are heard. Just know that an argument does not mean that your marriage is in shambles; it means that you are still learning about each other.---
 
Anyway....Tonight we went to The Prairie Schooner to celebrate. If you haven't been there...you should definitely go. I LOVED it! They seat you in a cute little handcart, which gives you the perfect amount of privacy while you eat. I loved the environment, and the food was divine, as well! Seriously...go.
 





How did I get so lucky?
Happy Anniversary, Babe! There's nowhere else on Earth I'd rather be =)

No comments:

Post a Comment