Sunday, August 17, 2014

It Seems As Though Camping Has Become Our Thing

Jordon and I had never been camping together until this year. Each summer we talked about going, but we just never got around to it. This summer, however, I feel like we've been making up for all the times we didn't go. The interesting thing about it though, is that each time we go we bond so well together. Something about not having any cell phone service really brings us together; it's refreshing. We haven't been married for too long, but this has certainly been our best year yet. We have been able to spend so much quality time together this summer....I LOVE it. 

Last weekend we got together with one of our most favorite couples, Jameson (Steve) and Hillaree. We LOVE these two. It's always a good time when we're with them.



We had to go through a few campgrounds before we found one that actually had open spots. This giant moose was in one of the campgrounds. Apparently he just hangs out all the time.



Hillaree insisted that we all had roasted hot dogs for dinner (she also insists that we have a hot dog at a baseball game haha), so they brought turkey dogs and they were actually pretty good! Dogs are always better over a fire. Other than that, we try to avoid them; however, I do enjoy a good baseball hot dog every now and then. Anyway, it was fun being able to be with her as she experienced her very first campfire hot dog =)







Jordon and I went to Causey the next day, which was SO relaxing. He fished while I sunbathed, and it was a perfect way to spend our Saturday before finals.




Jordon got his hook caught on something and, for the life of us, we could not get it unstuck. Finally, he jumped in to try and pull it out because he had so much line down there...and because he wanted a nice cool dip in the water. It was SO hot that day.



I love hanging out with him.


On our way back to the car, Jordon ran into one of his clients, who was extremely drunk. The guy talked forever, but it actually turned out to be a successful business discussion. He was slightly embarrassed for being drunk, but at least he was a nice drunken man!


And then, we topped the trip off with Zeppe's, which is one of my favorite places to cool off. I'm kind of bummed the summer is coming to an end, but I am definitely ready for some cooler temperatures (our power bill is getting a little ridiculous). I'm glad that Jordon and I have been able to spend so much time with each other these last few months. I sure do have a pretty great best friend =)

No comments:

Post a Comment