1. Marrying Jordon. Being sealed for all eternity to the love of my life has been the best decision I have ever made. This was definitely the most exciting day of my entire life.
2. My family. I am the luckiest girl in the world. I have such a wonderful family, and could not be more grateful for them!
3. My friends. I wouldn't be where I am at now if it weren't for these people. I have made some pretty great friends in my life, and I am truly blessed to have had such fun times with these people.
4. Meeting Jordon. This picture was taken 2 weeks after Jordon and I met, I believe. My life has never been the same since. He is my best friend and my rock.
5. My nephew, Tucker. I can't even imagine what it will be like having my own kid, because I don't know how to love a child more than I love this little guy. Tucker lights up my life. He has had such an impact on our family. I don't know how we ever enjoyed life before he became part of it. He turns 3 on Monday! Where did the time go??
6. Going through the temple. This experience changed my life! I went through the Logan temple a week before Jordon and I got married, and it was AMAZING. The Lord's temples are so beautiful and sacred. I am so blessed to have opportunities to be in such special buildings.
7. Getting engaged. This day started off not so great, and ended WONDERFUL! Jordon was so nervous, which made him even more adorable when he got down on his knee and proposed to me. I will never regret saying "yes!" to him that evening. He is one handsome man.
8. My mom. I love this woman. My mom has been there for me every time I have needed her. She always listens and tries to help. She is the most selfless woman I know. I am so proud to be her daughter.
9. My dad. This man is great. He has taught me all I know. Dad is the most intelligent man I have ever met, and I have learned so much from him. He has an answer for everything. My dad can also fix anything, and has done so much for me and our family. He has been through so much and deserves only the very best in life.
10. My in-laws. It can be quite a challenge meshing two families together, but I am very blessed to be a part of Jordon's loving family. There are some wonderful people on his side, and I have enjoyed so many moments with them. I am glad to be a Cissna.
11. My sisters. I always wanted a brother, but it has been such an adventure growing up with 2 girls. They have been my best friends my whole life. We are each so different, but that's what makes our family so interesting. I love Dani and Kinzie with all my heart.
12. Disneyland. My family LOVES Disneyland. It really is a magical place. It's impossible to have a bad experience there. I have so many good and fun memories with my family at Disneyland, and I am looking forward to many more.
13. Maine. This place is incredible. I love it so much. We had such an adventure while living in Maine. I cannot wait to go back with Jordon some day and show him my home away from home!
14. Graduating high school. Layton High holds so many of my good memories. I learned hundreds of life lessons, and met so many wonderful people while going there. I hold that school dear to my heart, and I am so proud to be a Lancer!
15. Track. Running track gave me endurance. It also gave me an escape. Nothing compares to the adrenaline you get as you're sprinting to the finish line. I had such a blast doing track for so many years. The best part about it was that when I struggled, I had amazing coaches and friends who pushed me to keep going. I never would have gotten as far as I did if it weren't for them. I'll never forget coming home every day crying in pain, icing my legs each evening, wearing shin braces to fix my shin-splints, and constantly smelling like IcyHot. Those were the best days of my life.
16. St. George. My family has a condo in St. George, and we have been going down year after year. As a family, we have grown so close together being down there so often. St. George has always been so good to us. I cherish the memories it has given me.
17. First Anniversary. Going to Cancun with Jordon for our first anniversary was AMAZING! We had so much fun. Going to the beach every day was such a blast. It was extremely nice to get away for a week from work, phones, television, and computers. South America is definitely Jordon's home away from home. It was such a great experience for us to go on our first big vacation together.
18. Good Things Utah. Okay, for my birthday last year, Jordon took me to meet my idols from The Daily Dish and Good Things Utah. I was STOKED! I was like a little kid in a candy store. It was so cool to walk through a real news room and watch the show live and up close. These women are absolutely amazing and extremely nice. My dream is to do what they do for a living. My life would be complete.
19. Boston. I am absolutely in love with this city. Boston is miraculous. It is so full of fascinating history and facts. One of the best parts about living in Maine was being able to go to Boston every now and then. I want to go back so bad and relive those experiences. The place is just plain beautiful.
20. Hiking Ben Lomond. This had to have been the hardest thing I have every done! I don't think we will ever hike to the top of Ben Lomond ever again. My sweet mother-in-law was determined to go, so we decided to accept her invitation and join her. We had no idea how strenuous it would be! Jordon thought his knees would explode. It was such an accomplishment, though. I'm extremely grateful that we endured through the pain and exhaustion and made it to the top. We are troopers!
21. Modeling for Allyse's Bridal. I consider this one of my top highlights because it was such a fun experience for me. I met so many amazing girls, and learned so much about myself doing these fashion shows. I really had to get out of my comfort zone, and it was really good for me to let loose and just enjoy myself. We were all way sad when the "season" was over.Every girl likes to feel like a princess and be pampered and put in pretty dresses!
22. Last, but not least, Baseball. I NEVER would have thought that I would ever consider baseball to be a highlight of my life. I grew up loathing the sport. However, when the love of your life is so passionate about something, it's hard not to be accepting of it. Watching Jordon play baseball is always so intriguing. He LOVES the sport. He loves everything about it. And he is good. Even though it takes up our whole summer every year and keeps us from being able to do a lot of other things, I hope he continues to play for years to come. Baseball is Jordon's escape. It keeps him sane, which keeps me sane! There's just something about watching your loved one hit a home run. That makes it all worth it.
And besides, my man looks HOT in baseball pants!
It is hard to narrow my highlights down to just 22 because I really have a great life. I am such a lucky girl and I am stoked to see what this year brings my way! Bring it on, 22!!




No comments:
Post a Comment