Well this month has started out very stressful, but quite exciting at the same time! School started....which means no food and pure busy-ness in the Cissna household (and often a lot of grumpiness). And of course, a huge snow storm hits the very first week of the semester! Of all the years I have lived in Utah, I cannot remember it every snowing for three days straight. It's definitely a huge improvement from last year, that's for sure. I tried to be brave and trudge through the treacherous storm on Friday, but my poor car could not make it up the hills to get to campus. Luckily, my mom works in Ogden, and was able to pick me up and take me home. However, that meant I had to miss my class, and my car was to be left in a Macey's parking lot until the snow died down. We woke up extremely early Saturday morning, thinking we'd be okay...but we were so wrong!
This was the freeway on the way up. After 2 1/2 days of snow, you'd think it'd be plowed!
Jordon's Mustang is a trooper and got us there safely. Slowly...but safely =)
I was so excited to be reunited with my car, and to see that nobody had slid into it while it was abandoned! I saw a few trucks slide into the snow bank right next to it the night that I left it there!
It literally took 3 days of non-stop shoveling to keep the driveway park-able. The snow is absolutely gorgeous though!
I threw my cat in the snow, thinking she'd freak, but she actually thoroughly enjoyed it. Crazy girl.
I also have a couple of shout-outs to make, because this weekend has been pretty eventful!
First of all, my wonderful mother's birthday was on Friday, and I was so grateful to be able to spend the evening with her, my little sister,some good Chinese food, and Jim Sturgess =)
My mom is the most selfless woman I know. I am so blessed to have her in my life.
Also.....we had the privilege of spending the weekend with Jordon's dad, who was up visiting from Texas for a few days. Jordon was so excited to be able to spend some time with his dad =) We really enjoyed being able to see him for a little while, and wish that the rest of the family could have joined him!
(Don't mind our white faces. The sun happened to be in a bad spot at the time)
Can't wait to see what the rest of this month brings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment